Tuesday, May 12, 2015

#WeirdEd Week 56- The Avengers


Avengers: Age of Ultron dropped last week and everyone but me has gotten to see it.

Correction: I got to see twenty minutes of it. You see, the older Weirdling is two and a half and has been to Captain America: Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Big Hero Six in theaters. He was great through all of them. Some he slept through, but he was the perfect kid in the theater. I decided to take a risk and try and Dad/Son movie day last Friday to Ultron. He loves the Avengers, especially Captain America. I hoped that would be enough to keep his tiny eyes forward and entranced.

Yes, this is how he went to the theater.
It was (mostly) his idea.
Not so much. Oh, it worked for the opening (amazing, wonderful) battle scene. Then he ran out of interest in popcorn and drink and the movie slowed down to let Joss write Joss stuff, which I love but the small person isn't so much interested in. So he started chirping. And getting antsy. And being that kid. Which meant that I was That Parent. I tried moving us all the way to the front, to the two empty rows directly before the screen. The ones you sit in when you literally want to see the movie first. Nope, those just gave him room to move around and say, "Daddy! Come get me!." Newp! Scooped him up and out we went. I tried. He couldn't handle it. No worries, he's two, I knew it was a risk. We got out before we ruined the movie for anyone. I'll see it this weekend when grandparents are in town.

ANYWAY, I haven't gotten to see Ultron which means this chat won't be spoiler-filled and if it is I'll travel to the home of the person who spoils anything and shave their dog and teach it to walk backwards.

#WeirdEd will hit each Avenger in some way mostly because that means I get to think deeply about each Avenger and try to connect him or her to education in some way, and then I get to make teachers answer questions about SMASH or being a billionaire, genius, playboy, philanthropist*.

Assemble!

*something we all know something about

No comments:

Post a Comment