I don't really want to do a Top Ten post, but it seemed like fun to go back and look through the writing I did this year. These lists are culled from this blog and the CUE blog, where I'm editor. These are in no particular order. I should note that if my ego had it's way this would be WAY longer.
From this blog
- Our Love Complex- Enough with finding ways to justify ourselves. Take pride in teaching.
- What We Can't Say- Teaching is hard enough, but then there's those stories we have to hold inside.
- Finding Love in Our Anger- 2016 had a lot of suck, and the terrorist attack on a gay club in Orlando is high on that list. I also put this on the list to put Jess Lifshitz' perfect response to it on here.
- Unintentional Intimidation (Or Da Squish Sees An Expert)- My youngest's speech delay puts me on the other side of the IEP table.
- Poking At PokemonEdu- I WAS RIGHT
- Flipping Might Help Save My Classroom- In which I continue to evolve how I run my class
- Doing It Different- I might be weird...
- A Teacher's Home Is Their Classtle- About changing my room to fit my kids' needs (also my favorite title of the year)
- Find a Hobby, You Kids!- My favorite project from the first half of this school year.
- Let Me Reiterate- On doing things again, and teaching kids to.
- The Unforgiving Road- Hey, I wrote a novel this year!
CUE Blog (I write a lot for CUE, but these three are the standouts to me)